The plug for the charger to my iphone 5S stopped allowing it to charge. It was under warranty and Apple replaced my phone with another. The “new” 5S will not allow the backup that I have saved to my Windows 7 computer to be restored to this new 5S; I could only restore that which was on the cloud…no contacts, which are what I’m most interested in recovering. The “Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS” download indicates that it can help me recover those contacts. So I tired it. It CRASHES every time, and there are countless threads on the internet redarding it. What other options can I have to recover lost data especially contacts on my iPhone. What is the alternative to Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS to have much easier iPhone data recovery?
Searching Google in different forums and threads, a software named iRefone is mentioned by many guys.
– Once you connect your iPhone (or iPad) to the computer, iRefone would automatically scan for all types of lost files for recovery. Besides, the ability to preview all lost data from iPhone, iTunes/iCloud backup before you recover them is also an advantage, after all, gives more security for you before the final data recovery. But it needs to be mentioned that the free version only shows you all the recoverable files and lists, but does not empower you to retrieve anything.
– iRefone isn’t perfect, as it didn’t recover all of my deleted files intact, but it can do almost i need. And the price is reasonable.
I’ve linked to iRefone official site, and it obviously shows that it can help you retrieve lost or deleted text messages, photos, videos, call history, contacts, Wechat, Whatsapp, Notes and up to 13 different types of files from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, your iTunes Backup or from your online iCloud account. This recovery software is fully compatible with the latest iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8 and older versions.
iRefone has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer.
Below I will show a simple guide on how to recover missing contacts from iPhone for example.
1. Connect your iPhone with the computer, launch iRefone. Then, you’ll be asked to Trust your computer if this is your first time to use this program. Click Next and move to step to stage.
2. Click Contacts icon to start scanning, and it will show you a rotating circle, please wait in this step patiently.
3. After the scanning, you’ll find your all Contacts on your device, even some part of missing ones, tick the boxes you want and transfer them to computer as you want.